Company: OSCO Group Services
Location: Saint John, NB
The OSCO Construction Group consists of engineering, construction and manufacturing companies which fabricate both steel & precast concrete products and perform specialty construction services. We are currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join our team based in our Saint John, NB office.
Our dynamic collection of companies is experiencing considerable growth and with this type of growth comes change. As our companies navigate our new landscape, we are looking for talented, forward thinking, self-driven, and dedicated people who desire a workplace where they are able to shape the future of the organization in which they work.
The HR Generalist role is responsible for providing ongoing guidance and support to our various operational sectors including; recruitment & onboarding, performance management, disability management & accommodation, employee counseling, training & development support, as well as vacation tracking, event planning & employee relations functions.
The successful candidate will possess an operational mindset and understand that human resources initiatives must be aligned with operational goals and objectives in order to be valued by the organization. This person has a proven track record of success in tying HR initiatives to operational outcomes while providing a consistent yet flexible HR support structure to the organization in which they serve.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive HR experience in a generalist role with varied responsibilities across many functions;
- Successful completion of University or Community College program with a concentration in Human Resources. A CHRP designation would be considered an asset;
- Solid communication skills and confidence communicating at all levels in the organization, from the shop floor to the executive boardroom;
- Excellent business writing and grammar skills with the ability to create documents based on limited information;
- Detail-oriented coupled with proven sense of urgency and ability to balance priorities without sacrificing deadlines;
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills coupled with proven ability to work well in an extremely fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
If you are interested in being part of an ever-changing and evolving organization, and if you are a focused and self-driven individual, please forward your résumé, with cover letter, in confidence to:
OSCO Construction Group
400 Chesley Drive
Saint John, NB
Attention: Human Resources Manager
Confidential Fax: 506-648-3523