FCC Construction is a member of the OSCO Construction Group, specializing in General Contracting and Construction Management. Founded in 1963, FCC Construction is dedicated to building long-term relationships with our customers by providing innovative products and services in an efficient and timely manner.
We are currently seeking a Site Superintendent for our Construction Services Division based in Saint John, NB to perform the following duties:
- Managing on-site construction activities on a daily basis, including project coordination, planning, scheduling, estimating, material requisitioning and cost-control;
- Supervising and coordinating personnel and subcontractors;
- Ensuring schedules are followed and projects are executed effectively and within budget;
- Effectively communicating information to owners, consultants and support personnel as required;
- Ensuring site safety is in accordance with strict standards of our Corporate Safety Program and legislative requirements;
- Daily record-keeping;
- Inspecting work to ensure quality and compliance with specifications;
- Managing all aspects of assigned projects.
Education Requirements - Knowledge & Skills:
- On-site supervision experience on commercial/industrial project sites;
- Strong understanding of reading and interpreting construction drawings;
- Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost-control, quality control and other documents;
- Proven ability to lead and evaluate trade performance;
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills are required;
- Desire to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, customer-focused environment.
FCC Construction is proud to offer its employees a competitive compensation package, including an excellent Group Benefit Package and company-matched RRSP Contribution Plan.
Please forward your résumé, with cover letter, quoting the position title in confidence to the attention of:
Janessa Davidson, Human Resources
We thank all canadidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: May 29, 2014